- This event has passed.
Spring Practice Period – Cooking Your Life
May 1, 2023 - May 28, 2023
Stories from the Kitchen
Recipes for Community
Online Practice Intensive and Sesshin
Bread Loaf Mountain Zen Community
May 1 – May 28, 2023
Whether you are new to Zen or have been sitting meditation for a while, this practice intensive is a wonderful way to enter practice or deepen it in a nourishing context you can access from home. Practicing together in this way supports you in:
- Entering Zen practice through mindful activities, like shopping, chopping, eating and cleaning up
- Allowing loving awareness to spread into the ordinary activities of life
- Bringing mindful awareness to food, where food comes from, the food industry, and food justice and accessibility
- Preparing healthy food and enjoying healthy eating for yourself and community
- Having a sense of how Zen kitchen practice might help us prepare a Supreme Meal today, nourishing all beings
Sesshin | May 24 – 27
Eisho and Jissan will co-lead a four-day sesshin (optional for all attendees) on May 24-27. To register for the sesshin, please fill out this form. Note that in-person registration is currently full; if you register for in-person, you will be placed on a waiting list and notified if a spot opens up.
Open to Everyone!
Like all of our programs at Bread Loaf Mountain Zen Community, Cooking Your Life is open to everyone. We try to remove barriers so that you can participate no matter what it going on in the rest of your life. You can participate in as much of the practice intensive as your time allows, we ask only that you do so wholeheartedly in whatever parts of the program you can join.
The practice period is offered for free. Anyone can join. If you are able, we hope that you will make a donation to support Bread Loaf Mountain Zen Community, its teachers, and the various social action projects of our community. Please give what you can afford, but as a general guideline, $350 for the entire practice period or $100 per week. You can give online or mail a check to: Bread Loaf Mountain Zen Community, PO Box 818, Middlebury VT 05753
If you have any questions, please e-mail us.