Infinite Circle 2/Community Engaged Ministry
Sensei Joshin Byrnes and Jissan Nicolle will guide participants through a 9-month course that aims to develop basic ministerial competencies to tend to spiritual care needs in our communities. The competencies are:
- A foundational understanding of spiritual care based in the Buddhist tradition, specifically in the Zen Peacemaker Three Tenets and spiritual companionship
- Clarity about how one’s one story intersects with the stories of others; being aware of one’s biases, culture and power dynamics
- Self-awareness and the ministerial role: understanding projections
- Has a care-practice that is trauma-informed
- Knows how to care for one’s self and seeks counsel with peers or professionals when needed.
- Develops basic ceremonial leadership skills including offering prayer, ritual and the Way of Council